description and details
During this 2-hour online experience you will learn how to produce and shape the classic Italian Potato Gnocchi served with the famous and delicious Genoese basil Pesto.
The dish we are going to prepare is vegetarian.
In all our workshops we respect the tradition of the true Italian pasta fresca. You won’t need any machines. In fact, you will learn the art of producing handmade fresh pasta and delicious sauces from scratch, exactly as an Italian granny does!
The course will be held in English on Zoom. On the day of your class you’ll receive a calendar invitation in your email with a Zoom link, about 1 hour before the class starts.
To be prepared before attending the class
- Review the shopping list of ingredients below to buy before the class.
- HOW TO PREPARE THE POTATOES
The potatoes should be cold, so prepare them at least 3 hours before the course (or the day before). They should be baked in an oven at 180 degrees with the peel. Check with the fork if they’re ready (it will take about 40 min). You must be able to pierce them easily with the fork. Let them cool down and remove the skin.
- Wash and dry the basil leaves.
- Prepare all ingredients and the tools next to you on the worktop.
- Place your computer or smartphone in front of you, but in a safe distance from the flour 😉
- Wash your hands, connect by following the instructions, Roll up your sleeves and knead!
You will need only a few and simple ingredients to make delicious gnocchi, potatoes and flour… but in the right proportions!
Here’s what you have to prepare.
Required ingredients for 2 people
Here are the ingredients you need to collect to take part in the online class
For the Gnocchi
- 300 g of cooked, peeled and cold potatoes (read above how to prepare them)
- 300 g of all purpose flour type 00
- 50 g grated parmesan cheese
Extra ingredients for processing
- some extra flour
For the Seasoning
- 25 g basil leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g grated cheese (Parmesan cheese or a mixture of parmesan and pecorino cheese)
- 7 g pine nuts
- 1 pinch of salt
- potato masher (alternatively a fork)
- a mortar or a blender
- dough scraper (not essential)
- a fork or a grater
- a scale
- kitchen knife
- cling film
- Large working surface or large wood cutting board or even a table
- 1 big pot
- 1 large fry pan
- …a calculator!
See you soon!